Monday, May 24, 2010

Swiss Brownies

Let me just start off by saying, I love chocolate. Even more so, I love Swiss chocolate. Ever since my fiance sent me the first bar last autumn, I was hooked. Frey makes, in my opinion, some of the best chocolate in the world. (Lindt is a very close second and available state-side). I have tried many of their products, and hands down my favorite is their Bouquet d'Oranges and the Noir Special (I am completely biased towards dark chocolate though).

So, where was I? As soon as the blueberry muffins were gone, I was thinking about brownies. My fiance made me wait till we had a opportunity to share them, which came sooner than expected. So, Friday I went searching for a recipe. I choose the following because of what was on hand at home.

Brownie Cups

1 cup (225g) butter
1 cup (170g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
(I used Frey Noir Satin Chocolate with 69% cocoa, thought Lindt Excellence 70% would work too.)
4 eggs
1 cup (200g) sugar
1 cup (200g) brown sugar
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°F).
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Cool.
3. In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla. Fold in chocolate mixture. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out almost clean.

Now I know I called them Swiss, but really that's more about ingredients than the preparation. I used all Frey chocolate and very good Swiss butter. The resulting brownies were moist and chocolaty. They weren't too dense or too sweet, just perfect. Ober lecker!

En Guete!

2 comments:

  1. do you really have measuring cups and spoons that are metric?

    Love you baby girl

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they are regular US measuring cups and spoons (They do have the amount in ml printed on them). I do have one large measuring cup that is only in metric units, which I use for volume only (water or milk). What I usually do is use the metric grams for butter and chocolate and the measuring cups/spoons for the rest.

    ReplyDelete